I am excited to join Mama Kat today to share my winter bucket list.
I never look forward to the cold. I’ve lived in the midwest my entire life. I have experienced the seasons every year. And, while I truly dislike being cold, there are so many things that I look forward to.
1) Read in front of the fireplace, bundled in my favorite blanket and drinking a warm mint mocha.
2) Have a snowball fight in the back yard with my boys.
3) Do a snow dance so we can all go sledding at Northview hill.
4) Travel Ohio once a month to watch Eli in his diving meets. I cannot begin to express how excited I am for this!!!
5) Put some serious focus into the tribute book to my sister. I tend to avoid things that are difficult for me and I’ve avoided this for long enough.
6) Start working on the scrapbook for my nephew that I promised my sister I would do. Again, I avoid…
7) Reclaim my basement for my boys after my brother moves out. Oh I cannot tell you how big the countdown for this is. There will be a post devoted solely to that one day soon. Let’s just say that this particular item is probably top on the bucket list for my boys.
8) Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!! I can hardly wait until after Thanksgiving to put up my outside lights and start decorating my home. Every item in every box is a beautiful memory. I turn into a blubbering baby – so emotional over what the holiday means to me. Perhaps I’ll consider adding an artificial tree to the basement this year for the boys in celebration…
9) Read a lot. I’m linked up with so many great websites where I get Kindle books for free or dirt cheap. They are piling up on my Kindle almost daily. There are so many amazing books staring me in my face every time I hit the on button. I can’t wait to get to all of them!
10) Build some amazing memories over Christmas break. The boys have an extended break this year due to one of the elementary schools moving during break. I’m lucky enough to be off work for a week between Christmas and New Year’s because our offices close. Add a few vacation days to that and now I’m off for 2-1/2 weeks with them! I plan on making it the most fun filled with adventures and lazy days combined.
What will you do to make the best of the upcoming winter months?